🌹 Rose Petal Jam:
A Summer Ayurvedic Recipe to Cool and Soothe
Experience the soothing and cooling properties of our favorite Ayurvedic recipe, Rose Petal Jam.
As we embrace the warmth of summer, this divine creation helps balance Pitta dosha and provides a refreshing respite from the heat.
Ayurvedic Rose Petal Jam Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh organic rose petals (make sure they are pesticide-free)
- 1 cup raw honey (use locally sourced, organic honey if possible)
- Sunlight (for the natural sun-infusion process)
- Gather fresh rose petals from organic, pesticide-free roses. Ensure that the petals are clean and free from any dirt or insects. Choose roses with a strong, fragrant aroma for the best results.
- Rinse the rose petals gently under cold water to remove any impurities. Pat them dry with a clean towel or let them air dry naturally.
- Place the rose petals in a glass jar or a clean, sterilized glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Make sure the jar is completely dry to prevent any moisture from causing spoilage.
- Slowly pour the raw honey over the rose petals, ensuring that they are completely covered. Use a spoon to gently mix the rose petals and honey together.
- Secure the lid tightly and place the jar in direct sunlight. Choose a spot where the jar will receive ample sunlight throughout the day. The sun’s warmth will help infuse the flavors of the rose petals into the honey.
- Allow the jar to sit in the sunlight for at least 2 weeks. During this time, the sun will work its magic, infusing the honey with the delicate fragrance and therapeutic properties of the roses.
- After the infusion period, open the jar and give the rose petal jam a gentle stir. You will notice the rich color and enticing aroma of the gulkand.
- Transfer the rose petal jam into smaller, airtight jars for storage. Keep the jars in a cool, dark place to preserve the flavors and medicinal properties. The gulkand will remain fresh for several months when stored properly.
Ayurvedic Rose Petal Jam (Gulkand) can be enjoyed in various ways to cool and soothe the body and mind. Here are a few suggestions:
- Take 1 teaspoon of gulkand in the morning on an empty stomach to help balance Pitta dosha and promote digestion.
- Mix a spoonful of gulkand into a glass of chilled milk or yogurt for a delicious and refreshing treat.
- Use it as a spread on toast, chapati, or crackers for a hint of floral sweetness.
- Add a dollop of gulkand to your herbal tea or warm water for a calming and aromatic beverage.
Note: As with any Ayurvedic remedy, it is always best to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare provider before incorporating gulkand into your diet, especially if you have any specific health concerns or conditions.
Enjoy the soothing and cooling benefits of this Ayurvedic rose petal jam, lovingly infused with the warmth and energy of the sun. May it bring you moments of tranquility and delight.